It is now time to have a look and see how I did.
Item 1: The Body
- Enough with the smoking already - it will kill you. Stop it.
Result: WIN - although not without some hiccups and obsessive washing-up.
- Exercise and fun are not mutually exclusive. Get on your bike, back in the pool, join a team. Anything. Make sure it is fun.
Result: WIN. Longer rides in the summer, and a year of biking around town.
- Moderation is not a dirty word.
Result: FAIL. Bugger.
- For your own sanity, try harder to learn to speak German. Sign up for more classes.
Result: WIN. Apparently language acquisition is very good blogging fodder.
- Write every day.
Result: FAIL. For proof, check out the online castigation I cop from my blogging friend, jb, over at Mainz Daily Photo (in the side bar under the heading "introducing").
- Take photos every day.
Result: Technically a FAIL, as I didn't take photos everyday, but I give myself an 'honourable mention' for my babysitting of Mainz Daily Photo while jb was away.
- Read something every day.
Result: Technically a WIN, as I didn't go around with my eyes closed, but I'm ashamed to say, I still haven't finished this book.
- Get a job. The life of a Hausfrau can be somewhat tedious.
Result: FAIL. I promise to try harder next year...
- Travel, travel, travel - you live in the middle of Europe, you can go to France to buy cheese if you want - do it.
Result: WIN. Surprisingly, my travels didn't really get a guernsey on the blogging front, but I can assure you there were trips to Paris, Berlin, a brief Belgium drive-through just for the hell of it, Strasbourg and of course the world's loveliest honeymoon in Scotland.
- Try 3 new things this year.
Result: Technically a WIN, but really a FAIL. You can't really count; not smoking, speaking better German and learning to love bike riding as three new things, can you?
- Make a new friend.
Result: WIN. Internet, you'll be pleased to know that I still meet up with my language school friends nearly every week. Also, mr & mrs jb are ace and I'm looking forward to having dinner with them tomorrow.
- Write more letters to Dad.
Result: FAIL. I have thought about this issue and have decided that it is the whole writing with a pen and paper that just is not doing it for me. I'm much more likely to type a letter than to write it. Does this make me a heathen?
Result: WIN. You know what, Internet - you're really nice.
Stay tuned for the 2009 edition.