"Um, not so good, actually," I muttered shamefacedly.
I thought I was ready - but I may have underestimated the need for some proper planning. It really was a bit rash.
I hadn't even made a list.
No one in my family does anything without first making a list. So really the whole first attempt was mere folly.
With list in hand, and head firmly in the right place, I'd like to reflect on my first 3 days as a non-smoker.
- Time, it seems, has ceased to progress in the normal fashion. It may, in fact, be moving backward. I'm not sure what the consequence of this turn of events will be for the universe, but on a personal level, it is doing my head in.
- Wow, my apartment is tidy!
- In my opinion, it is completely rational to burst into tears at the Supermarket.
- Did I mention the time dilation thing?
- Wonder if I am replacing an addiction to nicotine with an addiction to taking deep breaths.
- Facial ticks are normal, right?
- I can't seem to get enough of that deep breathing action. It's like I am chain breathing.
- I seem to be unable to concentrate and I don't really care that I can't.
- At present I am slightly obsessive about washing dishes.