Wow, that was fast.
I'm pretty sure not everyone's wedding day starts with an appointment for a moving consultant to come and work out a quote for moving to another country....
My wedding day went something like this:
- 7 am - get up and have a shower
- 8am - appointment with moving consultant to provide quote on moving to Germany
- 10 am - brunch
- 4 pm - get hair done with my sisters
- 5 pm - get makeup done
- 6 pm - get dressed
- 6:15 pm - curse my own stupidity for buying the cute, but way too high shoes, wonder it I will break my ankle
- 7:15 pm - call taxi
- 7:30 pm - arrive at venue
- 7:32 pm - crack open first bottle of Bollinger (to calm the nerves - you understand)
- 7:45 pm - remind Dad that there are to be NO speeches, he seems slightly deflated
- 8:00 pm - walk through door with Dad and see my family and friends all grinning like maniacs at me
- 8:01 pm - realise that R must be boiling in the kilt and heavy wool jacket (it was around 32 degrees C that night)
- 8:20 pm - say "I do", kiss my husband
- 8:25 pm - crack open second bottle of Bollinger - the rest of the night is a bit of a blur of happiness
- 3:00 am - go to bed.