Sunday, November 13, 2005

Dachshund 1, German Shepherd 0

I thought I´d take the opportunity to write a few lines this morning, as Richard is holed up in the hotel room re-doing his talk for Monday - there is only so much I can get out of a german newspaper.

So I hopped on the bus and found an internet cafe to perch myself in for a half hour or so.

We had a great trip over (see last post). Comfy seat, good food, great service and managed to get about 7 hours sleep during the flight.

We arrived early on Friday morning and Richard managed to navigate us from Frankfurt to Mainz on the train without any drama. We had a poke around the university to see what it was like and it is like any university anywhere in the world, some really beautiful old buildings and some truly atrocious 1960s architecture.

Mainz is a beautiful city with way too many churches, lots of old cobbled laneways and an obsession with the printing press. Good for them, I say - everyone needs a hobby.

Spotted my first dachshund yesterday - real german wildlife. Keeping my eyes peeled for a german shepherd.

No comments: