Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back in the Pool

After a 4 month hiatus, resulting from sheer and utter laziness, you will all be pleased to know, I'm back in the pool. It hurt. Alot.

I shouldn't have been surprised when I discovered my swimming cap disintegrated due to lack of use - I'm SO pleased I dragged that little piece of latex to the other side of the world.

Managed to get through my statutory 1 km without drowning, but it took a good deal longer than usual. Did I mention that it hurt? Alot.

Hoping to be able to walk and move my arms tomorrow, but I'm not overly confident.

Also - had my first 'in town' bike adventure today (definitely not to be confused with a 'town bike' adventure) and managed to not get run over. I did, however, suffer the indignity of having to get off my bike and walk it up the last bit of the hill out of town (oh the shame, the shame). I've got to work on my hill climbing or I'll never win the Tour de France.

No comments: