Monday, October 13, 2008

Jobs that my subsconscious mind thinks I should not try

I've really got to hand it to my subconscious mind - it really is trying to shelter me from the heartache and disappointment of taking a wrong turn on the career highway.

Last night, it ever so helpfully expounded to me, while I slept, why I would make a really terrible steam-driven-tram driver. Not only are all the valves, levers and dials so difficult to coordinate and keep track of, there is the furnace to keep an eye on as well - and that old kc543 model is particularly curmudgeonly.

And really, don't get me started on just how rude the passengers were. All because I couldn't work the ticket machine and give them the correct change - isn't that what a conductor should be doing anyway?

So, thanks subconscious mind, I will definitely be crossing that particular profession off the list of possibilities. I owe you one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, you're back. Thought you'd got lost chasing monsters in the lochs in Scotland! Thanks a lot for the card. Pity about Wednesday.

Anneliese

Anonymous said...

helpful higher self! It knows that career highways should never have tracks... to spite the glamour of levers, valves and dials.

Am preferring career country roads myself. But GODAMMIT do they ever have some dead-ends!

G in Berlin said...

I missed you- glad to see your post.